Friday, December 3, 2010

My lungs are starting to "say thank you"

The air quality to put it bluntly "sucks" here..but I understand...get the economic engine going and let everything play catch up. That's the rule of the game in most of Central Asia and elsewhere in the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries.
Read some interesting yet breath taking-away stats today about air quality in Baku...the levels of dust particle (and it just settles everywhere), carbon dioxide, and nitric oxide are all TRIPLE the normally accepted mg per cubic meter found in the European Union (EU). By 2013, Azerbaijan hopes to achieve Euro standard 3 (the EU is adopting standard 6 by 2014).
With the abundance of respiratory ailments, sneezing, coughing, etc. that I have experienced while living here...I'm a little nervous at what the future holds for my health....Inshallah
(and if you've followed me...you know that basically means 'whatever God wills'....

No comments:

Post a Comment