Sunday, June 7, 2009

City view of Baku

Only a few more days, Thursday in fact, and I'll be heading to London to meet Tammy and the kids. Need I say how excited we all are!

I took this picture last week from the top of a ferris wheel...at the edge of the Caspian Sea. I was checking out new places and came across. I decided to pay the 2 manats (3.50 USD) for a ride. Scarier than I thought especially as I started focussing on the rusty mechanisms controlling the wheel...oh, well.

The photo is looking back over the city...as you can see lots of high rises and lots of cranes. The financial meltdown has not stopped the Azeris from building....and remember there are 4 million here in the capital and a total of 8 million in the country which is about the size of Maine...

No comments:

Post a Comment