Thursday, March 18, 2010

Last photo from Kuwait


For three days I represented the Academy at the EDUCARE Fair in Kuwait which is an event to introduce young Kuwaitis to various colleges and universities..you know the typical college fair. Well, it was very interesting for nearly every possible reason...not only were they curious about me but also me representing a masters degree program in Azerbaijan. Like most Americans, the Kuwaitis didn't do well with geography...so not many knew where AZ is...didn't say much to tell them South Caucausas but when I said north of Iran and south of Russia...oh, yeah...that meant something...

Anyway, the photo is of me be introduced to a member of the ruling family...with perfect English the Sheik (and I can't remember his full name) asked..."are you really from Azerbaijan?" The guy in the suit is the Ambassador from Jordan to Kuwait...

No comments:

Post a Comment