Thursday, September 30, 2010

First full day back in Baku and what's ahead

Well..back in Baku and back to work...everyone was glad to see me though I can feel the angst starting in recognition that I'll be leaving for good sooner rather than later. It is an interesting feeling...it feels like folks are beginning a sense of abandonment. I suppose the feeling(s) are not far beneath the surface in the psyche of many Azeris....in some ways they face abandonment quite often....heck, the Presidential Scholarship that provided full support to those wishing to study aboard for BA, MA or PhD has been scaled back as many young Azeris were not returning to the country upon completion of their program...me, on the other hand, am filling with anticipation at the thought of coming home for good...

No comments:

Post a Comment