Saturday, February 20, 2010

Found a Crown Jewel in Baku

On my travels to and fro from the Baku airport named after Heydar Aliyev (the former president who's revered like a God here), I pass the Modern Museum of Art...which is a brand new quite striking building but someone oddly placed on Hedydar Aliyev Prospect (that means street)...so today I decided to take a taxi (my regular driver Tarviz) and spend some time there.

IT WAS FABULOUS! I am sorry I didn't take my camera....though I don't think I can take photos inside....in addition to seeing nearly 800 works (I was there for nearly 3 hours) of Azeri men and women artists (impressionist, cubic, classic, sculpture)...great stuff. And, it's an extraordinary building ...I hope to go back as it's a relaxing, light filled, soft space....just something spectacular....

ESPN came back on ...just in time for me to see Tiger's mea culpa

No comments:

Post a Comment