Thursday, April 22, 2010

Friday in Baku

....another week down. I've been busy this week thus sorry folks no photos. What a job it has been being the director of admissions here...I have never, ever, ever worked so hard to land just 25-30 students...this was a billion times more exhausting than dealing with the thousands of law school students that I've encountered over the decades. Often I had to take a deep breath and say...okay...this is the first time ever this country and my colleagues have ever had an "admissions process"....rather they have operated with the legacy of very regimented and mechanical system inherited from the former USSR....let me simply say there is no free choice here...and I am glad that I have played a small role in introducing a new paradigm to a far away place...now for a steak!!!! Gosh, I miss meat....

No comments:

Post a Comment