Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Can I be pissed at the absurdity of things.....

If you have ever seen Tom Hanks in the "Terminal"....well, it maybe become my reality very soon...Tom, plays a foreign national who upon arrival in NYC learns that his country (let's say somewhere in Eastern Europe/Central Asia) has had a revolt and no longer exists as a soverign country that the US has diplomatic ties with...he is not allowed to enter the US...thus, spending his existence in limbo as a tenant of the airport.
Well, just last week and I was hesitant to report this but turf war (or pissing fit---it's all boys) has erupted between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (who issues visas) and Migration Services (that protects the borders from foreigners)...the process issuing short term visas at the airport for arriving foreigners has been halted....so this means if I leave the country I may not be able to re-enter....I was hoping to escape from Nov 11-17 to avoid the scene when they slaughter the lambs....but just this morning no agency wants to sign my letter....gosh, at least Tom was stuck in an airport that had a salad bar.....I'll keep you posted....but it's freaking absurd! even more absurd that I've had to pay into their social security system....

No comments:

Post a Comment