Saturday, October 16, 2010

Can it be? Janice no longer in Baku....soon...

Well, friends...now you'll have to contend with the mixed emotions that I'm bound to experience as my exit plans are now underway. I submitted my resignation effective December 3rd, with my US bound flight two days later. It's time and opportunity awaits for me state-side.

In the meantime, guess what the government did yesterday, effectively closed the borders to foreign citizens....I got a message from the US Embassy...it's rather strange and abrupt behavior even for the state controlled system here. One of my expats colleagues noted that countries do this when war is in the air....this closure even caught my Azeri colleagues (who have one foot in ADA and the other in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)...by surprise...I'm not scared but slightly concerned...ummmm....I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment