Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Violence in America

I know this week as been a particular violent one back home...horrible shootings at Ft. Hood and Orlando...of course, it's been fascinating and upsetting watching the global news coverage here. Even conversations with my Azerbaijani colleagues...they don't understand the level of gun violence and the ability to have a gun. I had a lengthy discussion about the "right to bear arms"....and to their credit that understand how these simple words written by founding fathers have both benefited Americans and at times created tragic outcomes for Americans.

I might get violent...cabbage is returning to the vegetable stands...cabbage, carrots and potatoes..the winter food stable here...and back! Thank goodness for my canned spinach, aspargus, and string beans....

No comments:

Post a Comment