Thursday, November 18, 2010

Emma....


So I hung out with Emma for a couple of hours...and watched and occassionally helped her feed her crew of cats. Except for a few opportunities when we were able to communicate I just watched as she tenderly hand fed her cat pack. People passing by weren't sure of what to make of us...she a hunched over elderly woman...me taller black woman in a baseball cap. But it was clear that many who passed by have an affection for her, her cats and what she's doing to care for them in this limited fashion. Others...Emma wagged her finger at them as those who had the look of disgust over her efforts....she was unbowed. I gave her copies of the photos that I have taken of her and her cats over the last year....she started crying....so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment