Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to work today

Okay, I was able to drag myself out of bed today at a normal hour and get into the office. Everyone was glad to see me....you know I'm still trying to find the words to describe the cultural atmosphere around ADA. It is very different than the US.. perhaps it is because most nearly everyone, except my big boss are all younger and it's a respect thing. Perhaps it is I think deep down inside many of my colleagues are envious that I am American and live in America...they all love the US...but have no chance of ever living there. The government here makes it tough is you have studied there once, not issue you another visa for at least five years for extended stay...

I handed out lots of bags of M&M chocolates and several boxes of Pepperidge Cookies (Thanks Tam for convincing me to buy them as gifts)...they loved the stuff.

Finally, I opened one of my cans of Chief Boyardee Beefaroni....forgot how yummy it is...

Oh, and guess what...my cable TV is on the blink again....I called the company and they said ...oh, yeah we know maybe by the end of the week it will work again...Inshalleah....you know when Allah is ready, it will happen...

God Bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment