Friday, July 17, 2009

A Solution

The issue of the feral, starving, sickly cats all over the place has pained me since my very first visit to Baku last year. So you can imagine, (and I've described in previous posts) how difficult it is to just see the number of cats on the street. My guess is that this fall there will be another abundant birthing period and the cycle will be even worse as the kittens freeze in the weather...

Well, a colleague from Italy shared with me his "coming to terms" with the cat situation...he walks around with cat kibbles in his bag for adult cats and tuna for kittens....starting tomorrow I'm going to do the same thing. So I'll continue to give money to the woman on the street who feeds cats but I'm going to start feeding them myself.

I discussed with Ton, my colleague, if we could somehow start a neutering project...but most of the cats are so sickly...taking them to a vet would be hard, especially since I have not seen or heard about any vets since being here...

So for now..I'll start feeding them...

No comments:

Post a Comment