Saturday, July 3, 2010

I have no clout

Secretary Hiliary Clinton is going to be in Baku, yes, Baku, tomorrow....and I thought I was all that but obviously, I ain't....couldn't get a ticket on the 4th of July....I'm bummed. I guess I'll do the next best possible Americana thang....going to McDonald's for fries and a coke!

Happy Holidays...and whether or not you're a believer...go out and sing and shout....Born in the USA......and better yet, living in the USA.

Oh...let me add some humor....returning to the apartment...the elevator doors would not open on my floor...the 9th...so I go back down to 8....get off and walk my luggage up the flight....the next morning....I walk down (I usually do anyway)...went to the building office...made enough gestures and comments in Azeri...to get the guy to follow me back to the building. We got in the elevator, I pressed 9....we go up the doors don't open...he looks at me and then pounds, pounds...on the inside doors ....they open...and he shrugs his shoulders...I press 1 and we go back down. Needless to say...I'm walking up and down the stairs for now...whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment