Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cash Society

It's so easy to take for granted how transactions are conducted in the US....debit, credit cards, checks, money orders, electronic payments, etc., etc....but here this is really considered a cash society. I'm not sure how much the average person uses banks...other than to receive their salaries...but immediately withdraw all the money....you can always tell pay days because the lines at the ATM are off the hook.

I have not meet anyone who uses checks....but things like the cable, electric, water, internet...you have to pay and I mean go to the business to pay. I try to pay in advance, i.e. which means having a sum on account, so I don't have to walk there every month to pay something.

Oh, yeah, I'm expecting a package from Tammy...so I tipped Merihban at the post office yesterday...hopefully, my box comes early this week...

Go YANKEES

No comments:

Post a Comment