Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gosh do I need some cheering up

Okay, looking forward to the concert in a few hours...but in the meantime, I just spent two hours in a meeting discussing "i'm not sure what". One of the key struggles here (for me and for the Academy) is "building an institution from scratch". And, not just from scratch but from the wheel has not been invented here.

As a career administrator in higher education, I thought it might be easier but again my reality is overwhelmed my expectations. I acknowledge no one is really at blame but unfortunately, or unfortunately....the outcomes are a hodgepodge of the varied experiences that my Azeri colleagues have had in the US as students or visitors.

I'm still stunned that the colleagues here are insisting on knowing someone's disability status and if they have HIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment